Apollo Theatre location
The Apollo theatre sits on Shaftesbury Avenue, which features a grand total of seven major theatres including the Queen’s Theatre – the home of the longest-running musical, Les Misérables. Shaftesbury Avenue is just a stone’s throw away from London’s famous Chinatown and Soho, perfect for a drink or dinner before or after the show.
- The nearest tube stations are Piccadilly Circus (for the Bakerloo and Piccadilly lines) and Leicester Square (for the Piccadilly line)
- 3 minutes from Piccadilly Circus: Turn right out of the station then right up Shaftesbury Avenue. The Apollo Theatre is a two-minute walk away on the left hand side of the road
- 4 minutes from Leicester Square: Walk up Charing Cross Road towards Shaftesbury Avenue. The road intersects with Shaftesbury Avenue. Take a left onto the avenue and the Apollo Theatre is just a short walk up the road.
- Buses to Shaftesbury Avenue: 12, 14, 19, 38
- Buses to Regent Street: 6, 13, 15, 23, 88, 94, 139, 159
- The Apollo sits inside the London Congestion Charge Zone. If you want to drive in the area between 7am and 6pm it costs ten pounds a day. But you're fine after 6pm
- The nearest car park is Brewer Street car park (W1F 0LA). It's open 24/7 and 2-4 hours' parking costs £27
- The Apollo Theatre belongs to the Q-Park Scheme. The nearest car park is the 24hr Q Park in Chinatown at 20 Newport Place, WC2H 7PR. It costs £18 for up to 3hrs, £24 for 4hrs,but you can claim back 50% if you get your car park ticket validated at the theatre. Just ask an usher